Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Ethan

Hi guys,

One of Rileys friends (and sort of boyfriend) Ethan turned one during the week and had his birthday party yesterday so I had to make him a card to go with his present. I was going to go punch arty and make a Winnie the Pooh card cos his mum is a little Winnie the Pooh crazy but I didn't have all the punches I needed so I decided to pull out one of my much loved sets 'Wild About You.' My Spidie senses are telling me this set may retire at the end of this catalogue so I wanted to get a little more use out of it before it does. Here's the card I came up with...



Isn't that colour combo divine? Its' So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery and Basic Grey. I was really happy with those colours! Will be using those again! I have seen Makeesha Byl do that gorgeous ribbon out the side with button attached for a while now and keep meaning to give it a go. After seeing her tutorial this week (found in this post) I was inspired to do it. This is the 3rd card this week I've made with it. It just gives the card something extra. Please note though this card won't fit into an envelope like this though. The button especially makes it to bulky!

Stamp Set: Wild About You, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Basic Grey, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Cardstock: So Saffron, Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery Prints DSP*
Accesories: 1 1/2" square punch, dimensionals, certainly celery ribbon, Non SU button, Sticky Strip, linen thread


Thanks for looking

Enjoy the beautiful Sunday weather we have today!
Dani

No comments: