Friday, August 27, 2010

Fathers Day Is Just Around The Corner....

Hi guys,

Hasn't this year flown? Fathers day is in just a few weeks and if your anything like me your thinking eeek only 2 more weeks to get something for the hardest person to purchase for! Well I decided on my weekend away last weekend to get at least a start on a card for my dad. My dad is very simple, doesn't like anything over the top and likes fairly muted colours. Ie. His favourite colour is grey! Haha!

On the weekend away we were given the following colours to play with Kraft aka Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey and Soft Suede. I would never put these colours together normally but thanks to the keen eye of Stampin' Up we have Designer Series Paper in the new catalogue in these colours and they are gorgeous. These cards are perfect muted colours for my dad so I made a card for my dad a father's day card using these colours and a stamp set I don't own but have eyed off since it appeared in our current catalogue. Here's the Clean and simple card I came up with...




Can you guess which stamp set it is?? Surely it can't be Teeny Tiny Sentiments haha! I seem to be using that set on every card I make recently, maybe I need to challenge myself NOT to use it! It is Circle Circus. This set is great and so versatile and is fab for whipping up masculine cards! So can you guess what set I'm getting my hands on soon? Haha!

Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Circle Circus
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Kraft/Crumb Cake, Basic Grey, Very Vanilla
Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Grey, Soft Suede
Accessories: Mat Pack, SAMJ, 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/2", 1 3/8" Circle Punches


Thanks for looking,

Dani

No comments: