Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday Liz

Hi guys,

A few days ago a good friend of mine turned 30. She doesn't look a day over 21 though. I've know her since I was 15 or 16 and we lost contact and were fortunate to get back in contact just under 2 yrs ago. I've since done card classes for her mum so it was only appropriate I made her a special card. She absolutley loves dragonflies and when I saw the recent colour combo at Colour Q I had to make her a card combining the two. Here are this weeks colours


Aren't those colours beautiful? The great thing about these colours is they have stirred me away from using crumb cake. I'm a bit obsessed with Crumb Cake atm so it's good to challenge yourself out of your comfort zone. Here's how I combined Liz's love of dragonflies and the colour combo...


Stamp Set: Bugs and Kisses (Retired), Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Big Shot, Polka Dot embossing folder, Blender Pen, Two Way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Marina Mist Satin Ribbon, Curly Label Punch

Thanks for looking, I'm off to ice cupcakes for my daughters birthday party today! Have a great day,
Dani

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Dani! Fun design. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty card.