Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy 50th Birthday Mum!

 Hi guys,

Well today was my mummies 50th Birthday and I havent really had the opportunity to make alot of stuff lately with planning a wedding and how busy things have been but I made sure I took some time out to make her card. Originally I used this months colour challenge over at Paper Pals and then discovered it had closed, whoops. (FYI Colours were red, vanilla and crumb cake) But I also used this weeks Freshly Made Sketch. I dont know what it is about there sketches but I always find myself modifying them. Im usually a stickler for using challenges exactly how they are. I have flipped it and changed the lines slightly. But I really like it. Heres the sketch....

And heres what I did with it. I have used the crumb cake scalloped tulle ribon through the middle of the card. I love how it looks in real life. It looks better then the photo. It gives a really nice effect to the background. I hope you love the card as much as me.

Thanks for looking,
Dani

2 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Very pretty! The tulle adds a lovely texture!! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jen Mitchell said...

The rosette is a fantastic way to show off the big numbers! Your mother will love this, I'm sure! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!