Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary Hunny!

Hi guys,

On Friday the 19th last week me and Karl celebrated our 5 yr anniversary. I can't believe it has been 5 years since that first date. It's amazing how much has happened and it feels like we've known each other all our lives yet it doesn't seem like time has really gone that quickly.

Anyway enough mushy stuff onto the card I made! This is the card I made for our anniversary. I made it back in August on our weekend away and figured I'd give it to Karl whenever it felt like the right time. And due to how busy things have been I never got around to giving it to him so I thought it was still nice enough for an anniversary.




Stamp Set: En Francias, Short and Sweet, Artistic Etchings
Ink: Basic Black, Ridinghood Red, Versamark
Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Ridinghood Red
Accessories: Ridinghood red taffeta, Scallop circle punch, hemp twine, Sponge Dauber, Sticky Strip, Ridinghood red button, buttons #5 die


To make the flower I punched out 4 or 5 scallop circles in very vanilla cardstock, scrunched them up then unfolded them. To get the inked effected I simply dropped them randomly in my ink pad until they were to my liking. Went around them with a dauber, played with them til they sat the way i wanted, added some accessories and done. Vintage looking flowers!!!

Looking at this card I can see that my style is always changing. It's such a great thing. There are alot of flaws (en francias going side ways, etc) in this card but I think it all adds to the effect.

Hope you like it too,

Dani

No comments: