Friday, July 9, 2010

Inkspirations Guest Designer




Hi guys,

I was so super excited this week. The card I made for the Inkspirations sketch challenge (You can find it by scrolling down a few posts of click here) 2 weeks ago won! I never enter challenges with the hopes or thoughts that I will or want to win but merely for the sheer fact that I get to stamp for myself. I also love seeing what other great ideas others come up with. There's so much talent out there! So when I saw my name that I had won I was absolutely blown away! The great thing about winning is you also get the great privlege of guest designing and having your card on Makeesha's blog, Such an honour. Here's the layout I got to work on for my guest design spot



I saw this sketch and was really intimidated at first, I think it was more the prospect of being a guest designer than it being a tough sketch. Once I got going it was really easy to whip up a card. I had a really great and fun card I wanted to do but with the busy-ness of also preparing for the blog hop yesterday and returning to work this week it just didn't get done. Hopefully I'll have a bit of time in the next few days. Here's the card I came up with instead.



I love the cute little cake in this stamp from Greetings 8! If you look closely you'll see the cake icing has a bit of bling. Looks so pretty IRL. I also have been having heaps of fun playing around with ruffling ribbon and different ribbon effects and I just love the cute little ruffled ribbon on this card. Gives it something extra without taking over the whole card.

Also apologies for the crap photo. I took over 40 photo's of it and just couldn't get it right. The sun hasn't been shining here in Sydney this week :-(

Stamp Set: Greetings 8
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Watercolour Paper, Sweet Always DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Pirouette, None SU! Timber Brown Staz On
Accesories: Aqua Painter, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Two-Way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals


Thanks for looking,

Dani

5 comments:

Renée said...

You did a FABULOUS job with this sketch! Love the colours, love the ribbon bunched up on the one side!

Unknown said...

Nice card Dani! I love the ribbon effect.

Rachel said...

Dani the card looks great. Thanks for your comment and case away.
Rach:)

Anonymous said...

Love it Dani - way to go :)

Chantelle said...

Your creation as guest designer is wonderful Danni - the image is so cute and I love the bit of ruffled ribbon - well done and thanks for being our guest designer. x