Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thank you gifts

Hi guys,

Something I love doing is making little Thank you gifts for my hostesses for having a party. Last night I hosted a workshop for an old friend who I haven't seen in 8 (or so) yrs. She found me on Facebook and started looking at my blog through my facebook page. It was so great to rekindle the friendship and do a great party for her and her mum so I had to make them something extra special and beautiful.

Here's a card and double pillow box gift I made for them.



The beautiful card was made with Friends 24-7. I used one of my much loved colours which will be retiring in September (tear), Mellow Moss teamed up with the beautiful Rose Red and Choc Chip. Such a beautiful combination. Here's a close up of the goodies



The Pillow box was made as a double box by starting with an A5 halved and cut out in the bigshot leaving half of the top tab over lapping so it connects the box and doesn't fully cut it out. I then covered the middle with cardstock so you couldn't see the middle score lines of the box. (I hope that makes sense) Email me if you want more detail. I then put a hot chocolate sachet inside which fit perfectly.



Stamp Sets: Friends 24-7, Trendy Trees
Ink: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Timber Brown Stazon (Non SU!)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Watercolour Paper
Accessories: Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Aqua Painter, Rose Red Brad, Mini Glue dots, Sticky Strip (for pillow box)


Have a lovely and fun weekend
Dani

No comments: