Hi Guys today I have the pleasure of participating in my first ever ESAD "Happy New Catalogue" Blog Hope. And we all have lots of ideas for you using your Big Shot Machine.
What is ESAD?
ESAD stands for Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators and it is an online group just for Australian and New Zealand demonstrators for Stampin’
We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors but we share our love for what we do with each other as Demonstrators. We run swaps,
challenges, tutorials, product know how and cyberstamps and we are always there to help and support each other when its needed.
So if you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.
Now you've probably arrived here from Ann Gerlach's beautiful Blog. If you haven't don't worry I've included a list of all the participants so you don't get lost.
Today I have a project to show you using a technique I've been dying to try. It's called the Faux Metal Tin Ceiling Technique. If you click the link it'll take you to a video tutorial but it's so super easy and really effective. All you do is emboss a piece of cardstock (great you scraps and off cuts cos you don't see whats underneath) in silver embossing powder. Then repeat this a second time so it's nice and coated. Run the embossed cardstock through your Big Shot Machine with an embossing folder of your choice (I used Vintage Wallpaper as my Finial Press hasn't arrived yet) and then simply punch the embossed bits out with a square punch. It is quiet delicate to get into your punch so you do have to be careful. I made mine into a Christmas Card using a new colour, Cherry Cobbler. It's absolutely DIVINE!!! Now I bet you wanna see the card?? Here it is... Ain't it fab?
Here's a front on shot to show you how shiny it is
Stamp Set: Contempo Christmas, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Old Olive, Vera Mark
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Ornament Punch, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, 1 1/4" Square Punch, NON SU Silver Twine, Word Window Punch
I had planned to have other projects for you but due to a chest infection and a very busy week this didn't eventuate. I apologise profusely!
There will be Blog Candy offered for this blog hop and is open to any Non Demonstrators (Sorry to my demo friends). All you have to do is leave a comment here and on all the other blogs in the hop and then email Leonie Schroder and let her know you have left a comment and you could win lots of different product or projects that we have made on the hop.
Here's a list of all the participants in case you loose your way...
- Nikki Sadler - http://www.inkyart.com.au
- Angela Purdie - www.kintakards.webs.com
- Richelle Fletcher - http://stampinwithrichelle.blogspot.com
- Shirley McAvoy - http://stampingelephants.wordpress.com/
- Carole Stedman - www.carolestamping.com
- Carol-Ann Torrie - http://queen-of-scraps.blogspot.com
- Sherylee Tutt - www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/sherylee/blog
- clare mcilhatton - www.crafty-cow.com
- Andrea Buckland - http://creatingcardswithandrea.blogspot.com/
- Susan Joyce - http://www.catsinkcorporated.blogspot.com/
- Ann Gerlach - www.discover-ink.blogspot.com
- Dani Fender - http://danifender.blogspot.com
- Bron Heslop - www.bronheslop.wordpress.com
- Charmaine Black - http://www.l-ink-edtopaper.blogspot.com/
- Pauline Bennetts - http://paulinebennetts.com/stampede/
- Bev Watt - http://stampinovation.blogspot.com/
- Vicki Were - http://www.stampinvickistyle.blogspot.com/
- Jo Weedon - http://www.scrapandstampin.blogspot.com
- Kim Conway - http://kimconwaycards.blogspot.com
- Jane Norrish - Http://www.janenorrish.com
- Jacinta Argent - http://jacintascreations.blogspot.com
- Monique Fielder - http://stamping-with-moni-q.blogspot.com/
- Jan McAnulty - http://cardcaperswithjan.wordpress.com
Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the hop and get lots of inspiration from our projects