Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's Challenge, It's Challenge Time!

If you know Flight of the Conchords at all you'll know what the title is all about!!! But apart from that I got to have a break from busyness today and got to participate in challenges! How exciting. I got a card made the other week for a challenge and just never got it on my blog due to being unwell. So I feel good to have two cards to share today.

The first is The Inkspirations Challenge. This week Makeesha whipped up a colour challenge for us. Here are the colours



I wasn't sure what to do with these. They are great colours but I they were a bit of a challenge, which I suppose is the whole point really. Here's what I came up with



Stamp Set: Fox and Friends
Ink: Basic Grey
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rose Red, So Saffron, So Saffron Prints DSP Stack
Accessories: 1/2" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, So Saffron Brads, Linen Thread


For this card I wanted to use ribbon but didn't have any that I was happy with so I made my own rouged up cardstock. I did this really rough to give it a bit of different dimension. All I did was give it a light scrunch and then fold it roughly until I was happy with it. I then added some linen thread around it for some extra texture.

The next challenge I participated in was Just Add Ink. This week the challenge was Just Add Sympathy. I don't usually like making sympathy cards just because of what they represent. But I do find them easier because you can use alot of different sets. I love doing brayering on my sympathy cards though. I finally got to use one of my new sets, Just Believe. Its really beautiful.



Stamp Set: Just Believe, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist
Accessories: Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Brayer, Dimensionals, 1 1/4" circle, Post it notes


For this card I embossed the baja background in clear. And also embossed the large image in night of navy and clear embossing. I added the circle punched from a post it note and then brayered adding colours until I got my desired effect. I originally did a sunset and then got a lovely pumpkin pie finger print on the sun so thought it was a sign I should have went with night sky. I am happy with it either way and it was just nice to sit and relax for a few hrs while bubba was at day care.

Thanks for looking!
Dani

7 comments:

Genelle Little said...

Such a cute whale card Dani, and I like how you made the cardstock ribbon. Your sympathy card is gorgeous, I must brayer with this set!

Anonymous said...

super cute first card, love the little whale from Fox & Friends. Your sympathy card is stunning, am still working on my brayering technique, hopefully can get it looking as good as that soon :D

Danielle Daws said...

Lovely sympathy card, Dani. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Jo said...

Two great cards - the whales are very cute, and I love the sympathy card - the brayering is very effective, and the colour scheme is lovely.

Renée said...

aww, the first one is sooooo sweet! love the colours of the second one!

Tania Gould said...

Thanks for the very generous compliments on my blog! I'm so glad you came for a look! I have had a little snoop around your blog too and I must say, love your style! Absolutely LOVE this one! Thanks for coming to visit - hope you can come again! I have another "rose" I'm going to put up soon!

Jeane said...

DAni.....the Blue card so elegant....
Love...love..love it!!!