Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bleached Medallion

Hi guys,

I've been seeing heaps of bleaching around recently since convention and although I didn't attend I've still been enjoying getting back to having some fun with bleaching and have a few more ideas I want to create in the next few days with bleach. I am absolutley in LOVE with this card. It's rare that I feel completely happy with my own work so it's nice to keep admiring this card before having to send it off to a friend who is going through a hard time at the moment.

Ok so what I did was I used the medallion background stamp. I did a few practice runs so here are my tips for getting the perfect medallion in bleach.
1. Wear gloves!!!!
2. Put bleach in a aqua painter (Make sure you mark that it has had bleach in it for next time you use it)
3. Ink stamp up really heavily using the bleach, even if you squeeze heaps don't be alarmed you need alot to get the great bleached out colour.
4. Ink it upside down so have the stamp rubber side up and place the cardstock on top
5. Rub the cardstock into the stamp as much as possible. Take as much time to make sure all the bleach gets in. Even if it means you won't get all the intricate details in the middle of the medallion it still is better then not enough bleach and an uneven look.
6. Leave the cardstock sitting on top of the medallion for a few minutes for good measure
7. Dry the bleach with you embossing heat tool to really accelerate the bleach coming out.
8. Have lots of fun with it :)

Now with all my tips out of the way here is how my card turned out... So stunning!



Stamp Set: Medallion, French Foliage, Friends 24-7
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Peach Parfait
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Peach Parfait, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Bleach, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, Sponges, Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Early Espresso Button, Heat Tool


If any of my tips don't make sense please feel free to email me danielle.fender@gmail.com. I'd be more then happy to explain it more for you.

Thanks for looking
Dani

No comments: