Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's Challenge Night!!

Last Saturday night was our monthly challenge night with my Inklings group. The very lovely Kari had her chellenge creating debut and se tus some rather interesting challenges. Unfortunatly I wasn't there to participate on the night but I did have the pleasure of creating them during this very busy week I've had.

Challenge #1 was to make a rather funky pyramid box. You had to use colours you don't use very often and a new stamp set. I am a rather naughty demonstrator as I have NEVER used Groovy Guava from the new in colours! So It was fun to play with that combined with the subtle Blush Blossom and my very favourite Priceless Stamp Set and Voila! I created this cute like box.

Challenge #2 was a colour challenge that can only be a real doozy! Never in my life time would I have thought to put those colours together and never will I again because it really tested me and I'm not overly fond of the results. My apprentice (my 15 yr old brother, Ben) actually helped me big time with this colour challenge. He came up with the warm and cold aspects of the colours and different ideas with what stamp sets to use. I think he will make a great card maker this Christmas!! Now enough blabbing and time for the colours we were given. Get out your catalogues ladies and image these colours together... Soft Sky, Ballet Blue, Not quite Navy, Really Rust and Pink Passion! Here is my dodgy attempt!!

Challenge #3 was a layout challenge. The layout was created by Lauren Meader. The layout could be used for a scrapbook page or a card. I chose to do a card as I already had in mind a card I wanted to make so it was quite easy to make. I tweaked the layout a little. I think the card looks lovely.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my creations. Please stay tuned for next months challenges as they will be set by the lovely... ME! I am racking my brain and hopefully I come up with something great!

I'm off to hybernate on the lounge at doctors orders as I have yet another chest infection. I've tried so hard to avoid it and it snuck up on me :( Not looking forward to the end of August as that's when I get them the worst.

Have a lovely night!

Dani xoxo

1 comment:

Carol Dunstan said...

dunno how I missed this in the gallery... love that sketch card!