Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Little Man

On Monday it was my younger brother Ben's 16th Birthday. It was sort of very surreal because I cannot get over the fact that 1. He's a teenager and 2. He's starting senior high school next year. Due to that I still affectionally call him my "little man." At 6 foot tall he is not really little but unfortunatly he's not very man-like either! He is sort of crafty and artistic like me and will occasionally sit down and make cards or help me out. He's really likes the Fishy Friends set and will often suggest that set for cards just because he likes it! So it was a very easy choice on what to use to make his birthday card.


Here is the card I made him for his birthday. I'm so impressed at how good I'm getting at my watercolouring and tend to be using it alot more in my cards of late. The card is very simple but that's the way my brother likes cards...


and here's a close up of my watercolouring...




Stamp Set: Fishy Friends, Occasional Greetings, Seeing Spots
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Watercolour paper
Ink: Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, Stazon Black
Accessories: Aqua painter, Certainly Celery Ribbon
Technique: Watercolouring

Happy birthday Little Man! You rock! Love you lots

TFL! Happy Stampin'

Dani

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous watercolouring, Dani! Love the card! Happy birthday to your 'little' brother too! My 'little' brother is now 27 and I still can't believe he is that old!!! Makes us feel old, doesn't it?! K :)

Tegan said...

Great card Dani! I always have trouble making male cards, but this one is really fab!
Happy birthday to your brother :)

Anonymous said...

Have had a hunt through this blog and this card is a standout ... love your colouring here.

Thanks for the comments on my blog, I've added you to my google reader, so I'll pop back on updates.!!

:) Marcia
www.thestampspot.wordpress.com