Saturday, September 27, 2008

All About ME!!!

A couple of months ago the wonderfully talented and newly published Alana Galagher who is a member of the Inklings team proposed a 6x6 page swap. I was very excited as I am desperate to fill up my album. This swap however came with a slight twist though. The page had to be about you the creator of the page. I needed to be in the photo in some way. Thinking it was fun I signed u for the challenge. I don't know about you but I hate photo's of myself and prefer to be behind the camera.
Just before my birthday my boyfriend through me a surprise party (which I picked up on a few days before hand) so I thought what a perfect opportunity to get some photo's taken with my mates and use one of those. Needless to say like any traditional birthday bash there was some alcohol involved and I was as crissed as a picket after 2 glasses of wine and... This is where the fun pictures began. I got home and analysed the photo's taken and although there were some great ones of me and my mates I couldn't go past these two that are rather silly but extremly captulating of my personality.
Picture Number 1 (I think I was singing and dancing in my seat either that or I was trying to massage my frontal lobes a little)
Picture Number Two (Can everyone say "huh???" I promise I was not posing in this photo and it was just sort of luck of the snap... Or unlucky which ever way you look at it)
I ended up deciding on the least unflattering of the two (Although I just put the other one on the web for the world to see) for my page. I must say I am so happy with how the page turned out and I think it is me all over. I am a real kid at heart, I don't mind making a fool of myself and I laugh at my own jokes.
The page was also so fun to make as I wasn't trying to capture the feeling of the photo of someone else it was something that was all me. So without further ado I show you the finished page...
Stamp Sets: Looks Like Spring, Big deal Alphabet
Cardstock: Summer picnic DSP, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Inks: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories: Mat Pack, Real Red Eyelets, Whisper White Ribbon, Old Olive Marker, Sponge Danber, Luggage Tag (Non SU!), Fiscars Stencil for the arrow shape (Non SU!)
Technique: Kissing
Behind the picture there is a tag which is non SU! It slides in and out and it has some info about me.
Thanks for looking! I hope you love the page as much as I do!
Happy Stamping!
Dani :)

4 comments:

Tegan said...

hahaha love the photos dani!
looks like you had a lot of fun :)

great LO!

Anonymous said...

It is a great photo of you Dani and the page looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool page - even better IRL!!! :) K

Lin Mei said...

Oh! Here I was thinking that it was you focusing really hard on reading someone's mind and catching them in the middle of imagining something funny! Wonderful layout, Dani.