Saturday, October 4, 2008

October Spotlight

I know I promised I'd be post yesterday but I've been busy entertaining my mates from Melbourne! Sorry to anyone that may have been hanging out for this months spotlight. I do highly doubt it though!

This months Spotlight is a stamp set. I decided since it's October now is the best time to start thinking about getting prepared for Christmas. So all month I'm going to show you beautiful projects made with the very gorgeous "Season of Joy" Christmas Stamp Set. This set is featured in the lovely Spring Mini Catalogue (pg 22) for only $51.95. It is a really fresh and versatile set and great for quick and easy Christmas cards.
The following card was made taking inspiration from the lovely Michelle Dyson after the card she had us make as a card in a box on the team weekend away. The colours are really lovely and a great combo together. I will use it again!
I made the snowflake embellishment using a technique called Faux Metal. It is made by applying versamark to a piece of cardstock and then embossing silver powder onto it. I then repreted this process until I had about 4 layers thick of the powder. I then stamped the snowflake image into the versamark onto the embossing layers whilst it was still hot to get the imprint of the stamp. I then finished it off with a blue rhinestone brad. Here's a close up... How pretty is it???
Stamp Set: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Sage Shadow
Ink: Sage Shadow, Versamark
Accessories: Scallop Punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" circle, Silver Embossing Powder, Ice Rhinestone Brads, Mat Pack, Dimensionals
Technique: Faux Metal
Cheers Big Ears!
Dani xoxo

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Awww thanks Dani!! I'm glad you liked mine, but I am SO CASEing yours now! It's beautiful!