Monday, June 21, 2010

Just Add Ink #22

Hi guys,

This week at Just Add Ink they had a colour challenge. As soon as I saw these I was like WOW! I really like them but wasn't 100% sure what to do with them. Especially when you put them together they are quiet bright. Here's the colours




So I started off by just punching out some squares of the colours to see them together and just get the ideas flowing and the squares then formed the inspiration for the card. Its quiet simple but I really really like it. It would be a great Make and Take or SAS card and would be easily replicated in different colours. After the card was done I realised the squares sorta reminded me of the card on page 63 of the current IB&C but it wasn't where I originally drew my inspiration.



Stamp Set: Party Hearty
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Kiwi Kiss, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: 1 1/2" square punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Two way glue pen


I was really morning the loss of my Polka Dot BG stamp and my mat pack with this card. But it's good its giving me an extra challenge. If you look really close at the turquoise squares I have added a little glitter just to give it a little something extra. I am hoping I have some extra time (unlikely but I'm hoping) in the next few days to do a few more matching cards.

Thanks for looking
Dani

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the simplicity of your card Dani..it draws your eye to the elements. Thanks for playing along with us at JAI

Unknown said...

A really fun birthday card. Looks great.

AJ said...

This is so sweet. Thanks for playing.

Danielle Daws said...

Cute! The sentiment really pops out! :-)

Alison B said...

Great card Dani, might have to use the sketch for a SAS.