Sunday, June 8, 2008

Challenge Night

On Tuesday this week we had another challenge night. I forgot all about it but fortunatly it has meant I've had something to keep me entertained the last few days. This time we had the lovely Carol Dunstan posting challenges.

Challenge #1

Challenge 1 was a colour challenge based on the colours in a photo of linen (Heburn Range by Linen House). As pretty as the picture is the colours that we were given based on this picture posed a challenge to put together. The colours we were given were Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Barocade Blue, Tempting Turqouise and Perfect Plum. Usually I can come up with something fairly quickly but this one had me really stumped. So after a few days of pondering and looking at other peoples creations for inspiration I came up with the following.
Stamps: Simply Said, Occasional Greetings
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Barocade Blue, Tempting Turqouise and Perfect Plum
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels applied with a cotton tip, Round Tab Punch, Stapler, Mat Pack

Considering how intimidated I was by the challenge to begin with I am so happy and satisfied with the result. So much so that I may even use the combination again!

Challenge #2

The second Challenge was a layout challenge. The layout we were to base our card on can be found here. This one I used a customers stamp set that she has given me permission to use until she has the money to pay for. I am really happy with how my card turned out that I think I may purchase it for myself. Thanks Vicky for the use of your set :)

Stamp Set: Fun and Fast Notes
Paper: Very Vanilla Textured, Regal Rose, Blue Bayou, So Safron, Spring Fling DSP
Ink: Black Stazon, Pretty in pink, Regal Rose, Blue Bayou, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Blender Pen, Brads

Challenge #3

This Challenge was to make a box. This box I found very easy and fun to make and will be making more of these for gifts. They also hold the love notes perfectly which is great for this months promotion. I actually used no stamping on my box but had fun constructing my own ribbon decoration to place on top. I CASEd (nice work for stole) this idea from Lin Mei Yap But expanded on it a little. It was a little fiddly but I'm happy with how it turned out.













Paper: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Berry Bliss DSP
Accessories: Pretty in Pink Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Ribbon (Retired)
The belly around the middle helps keep the box closed and when you want to open it it just slips off.

I hope you all enjoy your long weekend whatever your up to.

Dani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work, Dani! I love all 3 projects! Great idea to use the pastels for the first challenge.
:) K

Carol Dunstan said...

Great stuff Dani, I particuarly love the first card :-D