Monday, August 11, 2008

It's Challenge night!



Last Thursday night we had our monthly challenge night hosted by none other than yours truly. I set some rather difficult and different challenges to get peoples brains working. I wonder how you would go attempting them... Here they are



Challenge #1 - Create a card with the following colours - Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Elegant eggplant, Yoyo Yellow and Whisper White (optional)



Challenge #2 - Create a project using the following words as inspiration - Sweet, sassy and masculine



Challenge # 3 - Create this box originally created by Julie Buhler.



I have attempted all 3 challenges but have been crazy hectic busy and haven't had 10 minutes to stop and take a photo of them all so I just have Challenge #3 on display for today but please come back to visit in the next few days to see the other challenges.






Here is the box I made. I have used no stamping. I don't know what it is but I rarely use much stamping on 3d projects. I have no idea why and only just realised when typing this post. I changed the dimensions on the box to be 9" by 11" to fit normal sized cards so I can fill it with cards and send it to my grandfather for fathers day.








To ensure the lid wouldn't come off when you lifted it up by the handle I added velcro stripes to the front and back of the box. Gives it more of a professional look. I am so impressed with how it turned out I will definatly be making another one in the near future.








Paper: Close to cocoa, Sahara Sand, DSP paper
Accessories: Tab Punch, Jumbo pewter eyelets, Crop o dile, Scoring Blade, Choc Chip Grosgrain ribbon*, Rich Regals button in ballet blue.


I hope you have a lovely night. TFL!



Dani

2 comments:

Sharon said...

So cute Danni! I'll have to try this one myself. I love how you changed the dimensions to fit "normal" sized cards.

Sankari W. said...

OMGosh!!! What an awesome idea and project!! I love the little touch with velcro! Brilliant and So Cute! (And happy belated birthday! hope it was wonderful!!!)