Thursday, August 7, 2008

Spotlight - Watercolour Challenge

I know all my posts lately have been about team weekend away but I really did enjoy it and It's the only really eventful thingthat's happened in my life at the moment. Todays card is another one I completed at Team weekend away incorporating some more colour challenges and some more watercolouring. I must say I was really happy with how these colours mixed in the watercolouring. The challenge colours were Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence and Rose Red. Please let me know what you think.





Here's a close up of my watercolouring...




Stamp Set: Natural Beauty
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black, Orchid Opulence, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie
Card Stock: Watercolouring paper, Basic Black, Orchid Opulence, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red
Accessories: Aqua Painters, Corner Punch, Black grosgrain ribbon


Also to really test myself out and push my boundaries I am having a technique class at the end of the month featuring, you guessed it, my new found love... Watercolouring! I will be doing 4 cards. Some using the new spring mini sets and some christmas cards. The details are below

Who: You and bring along a friend (Hurry places are limited)
What: Watercolouring Technique class
When: Sunday 31st August 2008
Time: 2pm
Price: $20 includes all materials. Please bring your own tape. Afternoon tea provided

Please contact me via email or on 0420 974 200 to register your place in the class and get my address.

I hope to see you there!

Dani :)

1 comment:

Kim Tonnet said...

Hi back Dani, thanks for visiting my blog, thought I would check out yours. Keep checking my blog for regular posts. I wasn't sure about this colour combo but you've done well. Love KimT (aka Crafty Kim)